Sunday, January 10, 2010

train like a movie star

I had a great workout today; I felt very energetic.

Cindy
as many rounds as possible of
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 body squats

number of rounds: 26
wearing 15# weight vest (beat my personal record with no weight vest, previously 22 rounds)

25 flights with 15# vest (11:19)
25 flights with no vest (6:11)
total of 50 flights
time to complete: 17:31

muscle group worked: triceps

Jason*, a trainer at the gym and casual friend of mine, informed me that I am overtraining. When he is in better shape than me, I will listen to his advice.

I first looked myself up and down and said, "Yeah, obviously there is something wrong with my workouts." I'm not sure he got the sarcasm. I then told him that I weigh more than my cholesterol and less than my IQ, so I think I'm doing okay, but that was way too much math for him to compute. After that, I put my headphones on and turned away. Time to get back to my workout, you know?

I am in good shape, I am healthy, energetic, and I'm getting stronger. I must be doing something right.

Jason cracks me up, though, in general. I went to the big boy (free weight) area of the gym to work on my triceps, and there was a new guy there, strutting around and surreptitiously checking me out. Jason came up and started chatting with me, and New Guy took the opportunity to ask Jason where to go hang out around here, as he was new to the area. He was talking about bars, trying unsuccessfully to impress (though I think he gave Jason his number on the way out - how sweet). Once again, insert ear buds and get back to work.

All in all, a good day with lots of fodder for my blog.


*names have been changed to protect the innocent (or guilty, as it were)

No comments:

Post a Comment