Friday, March 12, 2010

blast from the past

10 minutes stairmaster

muscle group worked: back, legs, abs
getting stronger, but i am sick yet again (upper respiratory infection, sore throat, general malaise)

20 minutes stairmaster
by this point i had been in the gym 2:15, so i cut my cardio short

When I was 18 years old, so about 13 years ago, I met and dated this guy James* for several years, and James was emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive to me. James was a textbook narcissist (exaggerated sense of self-importance, preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success/power/brilliance, believes he is special, requires excessive admiration, sense of entitlement, takes advangage of others, lacks empathy, is envious of others, and displays arrogant or haughty behavior). I was young and lacked any semblance of self-esteem whatsoever, and I fell for his charm at first. The relationship ended when we finally broke up and he began stalking me. I called the police, who confronted him, and thankfully I never heard from him again.

Until today.

You can read all about my encounter with James here.

No comments:

Post a Comment